Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Happiest of Mother's DAY to you and me.

At the end of our school's Mother's Day Celebration, a lady came up to me. She is a lady that I have known for years.  I have seen her have 4 girls in succession, and these girls are grown now.  I wanted to grab them when they were little, to protect them from their hard little lives.  These babies would look at me as if to say, "Help me".  I prayed for them that they live and not die. 
The mom's life has been super hard and she is a bit of a rascal.  She is married to a hard core alcholic, and she does what she needs to do, including begging and  bamboozling unknowing missionaries over the years.  Like selling me Johnson grass for sugar cane, and selling me green passion fruits for ripened fruits.  
I have been cautious with her after a few dealings, and sometimes my heart towards her was a kind of "Oh no, she is at the gate and she wants something".  God so convicted me about that type of attitude towards this lady.  He reminded me that she still comes and that there is still an opportunity to witness Christ one more time to her.  
Well this year she asked if her daughter could come to our school.  I love her kids. They were beautiful kids to me, even though outwardly they had nothing and were always sick.  They just were special to me.  I told her "sure".  Over the last year, there has been a shift in our relationship from her trying to trick me to give her something, to just being friends. She will come when she needs prayer for whatever is going on in her world.  

After the Mother's DAY event, she walked up to me and said, "I want to wish you a Happy Mother's Day".  I said, "Thanks".  She then she said, "I want to wish you a Happy Mother's Day as proxy for my mom." My mom has been dead and I need a Mom to wish Happy Mother's DAY."  She said that she appreciated me being there for her over the years.  I was blessed, convicted, challenged and had such a sweet hurting for this woman all at the same time. She has had all the horribleness that life could offer and even though she is a frail in stature has a sadness in her demenor, but she is an overcomer.  She has taken many hits in life, but she still is going forward. 

I guess we all have a person like that in our life. It takes God a while to show us how to love those special folks, even when we don't see any change.  But we aren't called to see results.  God always is working under the surface of our lives and everyone else's.  But it is cool sometimes, when you see a glimpse of what He is doing pop up in you and the other person.  Reach out and touch someone today.  If you touch them in His love, there will be a response, even if you can't see it, He does. Have a blessed day

No comments:

Post a Comment